Top 10 oils
Are you wondering where to start your essential oils journey? The dōTERRA Top 10 essential oils have over 150 uses around your household and can be used for a wide range of health and wellness purposes. If you’re new to essential oils or you just want to keep things simple, consider these 10 must have dōTERRA essential oils for a healthy home.
Let’s have a look at them now.
Lavender is frequently used to soothe skin irritations and help
skin recover quickly. Applying it to the back of the neck and
temples helps reduce muscle tension. Inhaling Lavender
promotes relaxation and a restful night’s sleep, making it an
ideal oil to diffuse at bedtime and when stress levels are high.
Due to its versatility and soothing properties, Lavender is considered the must-have oil to have on hand at all times.
• Widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities.
• Soothes occasional skin irritations.
• Reduces appearance of skin imperfections.
• Helps to ease feelings of tension.
• Take internally to reduce anxious feelings.*
• Take internally for a peaceful sleep.*
• Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet for a restful night’s sleep.
• Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air with a light mist of Lavender combined with water in a spray bottle.
• Add to bath water to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of the neck.
• Use in cooking to soften citrus flavours and add a flavourful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
• Add a drop to your child’s favourite soft toy to help soothe and comfort them
Watch this video as I share some ways to use Lavender:
Tea Tree (Melaleuca):
Tea Tree essential oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications. The leaves of the Tea Tree were used by the Aborigines of Australia for centuries.
They would crush the leaves and inhale the oil to promote clear breathing and apply the leaves directly to the skin to help with recovery.
Tea Tree is best known for its purifying properties. It can be used to cleanse and purify the skin and nails and to promote a clear, healthy complexion. Taken internally, Tea Tree enhances immunity when seasonal threats are high, and it can be used on surfaces throughout the home to protect against environmental threats.
Tea Tree is frequently used on minor skin irritations to soothe the skin and help it recover quickly.
Got a niggly throat? I use a drop of tea tree on the tip of my tongue and find relief about half an hour later. Sometimes I may need to repeat a few times. PS – It tastes foul, but it really helps! PS – It tastes foul, but it really helps!
Diffusing Tea Tree will help purify and freshen the air.
• Renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenating effect on the skin.
• Promotes healthy immune function.
• Protects against environmental and seasonal threats.
• For occasional skin irritations, apply one to two drops of TEA TREE essential oil onto affected area.
• Add one to two drops to water, citrus drinks, or veggie caps to support healthy immune system function.
• Combine one to two drops with your facial cleanser or moisturizer for added cleansing properties.
• Apply to skin after shaving.
• Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keep nails looking healthy.
• Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against environmental threats.
• Create your own aftershave with Tea Tree and Cedarwood.
• Apply to the bottom of feet and inside shoes for a refresher.
Watch this video as I share some ways you can use Tea Tree:
Peppermint oil is well known for its ability to help alleviate
occasional stomach upset and promote healthy respiratory
function when used internally. Frequently used in toothpaste
and chewing gum for oral health. With so many facets and uses,
Peppermint essential oil continues to be one of doTERRA’s
best-selling and highly-flavoured essential oils.
I love adding Peppermint to my cooking including chocolate mousse, bliss balls and brownies.
• Promotes digestive health.
• Helps reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion.
• Promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing.
• Commonly found in oral health products. PRACTICAL USES:
• Apply topically to relieve feelings of tension.
• Diffuse when feeling fatigued or low on energy.
• Blends well with Lavender for a soothing massage blend.
• Rub on temples after you wake up for a morning energy boost.
• Place one drop in your mouth to help freshen breath.
• Add two to three drops to your favourite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
• Place one drop in palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up.
• Take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.
• Add to cold water compress or foot bath to cool off when overheated.
• Inhale for a non-stimulant, invigorating pick-me up on long drives.
• Add to shampoo or conditioner for a stimulating hair massage.
• Repels bugs naturally, Spritz around windows and doors.
• Diffuse during study-time.
Watch this video for tips on how to use Peppermint:
This proprietary essential oil blend provides a natural and
effective alternative to keep your family and home healthy.
As one of the MOST POPULAR blends, it protects against
environmental and seasonal threats with essential oils
known for their positive effects on the immune system.
On Guard can be taken internally on a daily basis to maintain
healthy immune function as well as used on surfaces throughout
the home as a non-toxic cleaner.
When diffused, it helps purify the air and support healthy respiratory function, and can be very energizing and uplifting. It also provides cleansing and purifying benefits while promoting healthy circulation.
• An effective alternative to synthetic options for immune support.
• Supports the body’s natural antioxidant defenses.
• Supports healthy immune function.
• Protects against environmental threats.
• Supports healthy respiratory function.
• Diffuse for cleansing the air.
• Add two to three drops in a veggie capsule for a quick immune boost.
• Rub on bottom of kid’s feet during school season.
• Diffuse in home before company arrives to help cleanse the air and add a spicy and sweet aroma.
• Diffuse in class setting for an uplifting scent.
• Diffuse in your home or office during autumn and winter months.
• Add to water for an effect all-purpose cleaner for surfaces.
• Gargle with a few drops as a healthy mouth rinse or for an irritated throat.
• Soak sliced apples in water and a few drops for a healthy, immune-boosting snack.
• Combine a few drops with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a natural hand cleanser.
Watch this video as I share how you can use On Guard:
As one of the top-selling essential oils (one of my most frequently used oils!), Lemon has multiple benefits and uses. Lemon is a powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air, disinfects surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic
cleaner throughout the home. When added to water, it provides a refreshing and healthy boost throughout the day. Lemon is frequently added to food to enhance the flavour of desserts and main dishes. Due to its high limonene content, Lemon is a powerful antioxidant that can help ward off free radicals. Taken internally, it provides cleansing and digestive benefits, can soothe an irritated throat, and supports healthy respiratory function.
(If taking internally, always use glass, stainless steel or ceramic containers as the oils can break down the petrochemicals in plastic and you don’t want to ingest them!) When diffused, Lemon is very uplifting and energizing and has been shown to improve mood and cognitive ability.
• Cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces.
• Naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion.*
• Supports healthy respiratory function.*
• Diffuse to promote a positive mood.
• Take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.*
• Add Lemon oil to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, countertops, and other surfaces.
• Lemon oil makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oilto clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
• Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
• Lemon oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
• Put on rag to help remove stubborn, sticky residue off surfaces.
• Wash hands with Lemon oil to remove grease after changing your oil. Watch this video as I share tips on how to use Lemon oil:
Digestzen is known as a “tummy tamer” blend due to its ability to aid in digestion, soothe stomach upset, and maintain overall digestive health. This unique blend contains Ginger, Fennel, and Coriander to help ease stomach discomfort, including motion sickness and indigestion, while Peppermint, Tarragon, Anise, and Caraway aid with digestion and help maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract. It can be taken internally as well as applied topically to the abdomen when stomach upset occurs and can be used safely by the entire family.
I love this oil to help support our bodies ability to DIGEST mucous.My daughter often had green discharge whenever she was teething (sorry about too much information!!). A drop of DigestZen on her diffuser necklace or the collar of her shirt would clear it up in minutes. AND it would be gone for the rest of the day!
Digestzen is a healthy, natural, and gentle way to soothe an upset stomach or maintain a healthy digestive system.
• Eases feelings of queasiness.
• Helps reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion.
• Use with fractionated coconut oil for a soothing abdominal massage.
• Before a road trip, apply one to two drops for a calming aroma.
• Add to water or tea to maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
• Have on hand when enjoying heavy holiday meals to promote digestion.
• When traveling or trying new foods take to soothe occasional stomach discomfort.
Watch this video to see my tips on how to use DigestZen:
Ice Blue (Deep Blue):
Ice Blue is a soothing solution for sore muscles and joints. Wintergreen, Camphor, Peppermint, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, Helichrysum, and Osmanthus work together to soothe and relax muscles and ease achy joints.
Its effects are deep and penetrating with sustained results. Once gently rubbed into the area of discomfort, its cool benefit will be felt almost immediately. Ice Blue provides instant relief for the occasional discomfort of tired, sore, and worn-down muscles and joints.
My husband loves to run and this is his FAVOURITE oil (also available in a cream rub that is THE BOMB!!) He uses it before running as a support for his muscles and after to help relieve any after run discomfort! This blend is often referred to as the “Man Converter”! They love it as it is quick and they feel the results really well!
• Soothes occasional sore muscles and achy joints
• Supports healthy circulation PRACTICAL USES:
• Apply on feet and knees before and after exercise.
• Perfect for a soothing massage after a long day of housework.
• Apply to hands and feet after gardening.
• Connect with Grandma by giving her a hand massage.
• Rub on lower back muscles after a day of heavy lifting at work or during a move.
• Massage with a few drops of carrier oil onto growing kids’ legs before bedtime.
• After long hours on the computer, try rubbing on your fingers, wrists, shoulders, and neck.
• A few drops of Soothing Blend diluted in Fractionated Coconut Oil can be a part of a cooling and comforting massage after a workout.
Watch this video as I share how you can use Ice Blue:
Renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils,
FRANKINSENCE has extraordinary internal and external health
In addition to its notoriety in the New Testament, the
Babylonians and Assyrians would burn FRANKINCENSE in religious
ceremonies and the ancient Egyptians used Frankincense resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin.
This centuries-old knowledge contributes to the modern uses of Frankincense today. Its soothing and beautifying properties are used to rejuvenate skin and reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
This is another FAVOURITE for my hubby. He is always wants to put it in the diffuser or use it on himself!
As the king of oils, Frankincense is known to promote cellular health and immunity and can be consumed daily for these internal benefits. When inhaled or diffused, Frankincense induces feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction, and overall wellness.
• Known as the “KING of ALL OILS” – when in doubt use Frankincense.
• Promotes cellular health and DNA integrity.
• Supports healthy function of the nervous system.
• Reduces appearance of skin imperfections.
• Diffuse during your yoga practice to focus your intention for the day.
• Take one to two drops in a Veggie capsule to support healthy cellular function.*
• Add to moisturizer to reduce the appearance of blemishes and to rejuvenate the skin.
• When traveling somewhere dry, apply Frankincense to maintain healthy looking fingernails.
• Apply to the bottom of your feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
• After a day of outdoor activity, massage frankincense into hands and feet for a warming and soothing effect.
Watch this video to learn more about using Frankincence:
Easy Air (Breathe):
Enhanced with the powerful respiratory benefits of Cardamom, this is a remarkable blend of essential oils that combine to help you breathe easier.
Easy Air supports healthy respiratory function when seasonal threats are high and can be used safely by ALL members of the family to soothe airways and promote clear breathing. This blend consists of Laurel Leaf, Peppermint,
Eucalyptus, Melaleuca, Lemon, Ravensara, and Cardamom essential oils, all known for their positive effects on the respiratory system.
This oil was the oil that sold me on essential oils and doTERRA. It helped support my daughter’s respiratory issue that would normally get worse over 3 nights – VERY quickly and showed me how powerful these oils are at helping our bodies to do what they are so good at doing – keeping us healthy! Easy Air can be applied topically to the chest, back, or bottom of feet, or diffused at night time to calm the senses and promote sleep.
• Maintains feelings of clear airways and easy breathing.
• Helps minimize the effects of seasonal threats.
• Diffuse or inhale directly from palms, or rub on chest when environmental threats are high.
• Use when outdoors to minimize the effects of seasonal changes.
• Diffuse at bedtime to promote a restful night’s sleep.
• When loud noises are keeping you up at night, diffuse for a calming effect that promotes a restful night’s sleep.
Watch this video where I share tips on using Easy Air:
Oregano is one of the most potent and powerful essential oils and has been used for centuries in traditional medicine for its cleansing and immune-boosting properties. The primary chemical components of Oregano are carvacrol and thymol, both in the phenols group, which possess purifying and antioxidant properties.
Due to its high phenol content, caution should be taken when inhaling or diffusing Oregano; only one to two drops is needed. Additionally, it should be diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil when applied to the skin.
Oregano essential oil contains phenols—powerful antioxidants that ward off free radicals. One drop taken daily can help maintain healthy immune function. Oregano should be taken more frequently when seasonal threats are high or as needed to further boost immunity. In addition to being a popular cooking spice, Oregano supports healthy digestion by promoting the secretion of digestive juices. I LOVE doTERRA’s touch kit that has the oils already diluted in a roller bottle ready to use topically. I use my touch kit for my kids all the time, particularly with OREGANO to avoid any skin sensitivities.
• It is an excellent source of antioxidants.
• Supports healthy digestion.
• Supports healthy respiratory function.
• May help to support a healthy immune system.
• Used as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent
• Put one to two drops in veggie capsule to help maintain a healthy immune system.
• Add 10 drops to a spray bottle full of water for a last-minute counter spray.
• Add one drop in place of one tablespoon ground oregano to your favourite Italian dishes.
Watch this video as I share how you can use Oregano:
Buy the Top 10 oils now!
Home Essentials Kit – Best Value
$330 Includes 15mL bottles of Frankincense, Digestzen, Lavender,
Peppermint, Lemon, On Guard, Tea Tree, Oregano, Easy Air, Ice Blue (5 mL)
and the Petal ultrasonic diffuser. Your wholesale account is free.
This kit is the best value as it offers three times more oil (bigger bottles) than the Essential Collection, and saves you $115 off individual wholesale prices.
Add a Fractionated Coconut Oil for topical use
$174 Includes 5mL bottles of Frankincense, Digestzen,
Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, On Guard, Tea Tree, Oregano,
Easy Air, Ice Blue and a 15ml Smart and Sassy.
Your wholesale account is free.
This is a great sample kit to get you started.
You can add a Petal diffuser for $55 wholesale.
Nature’s Solution Kit
$635 Includes: 15mL Full Size bottles of: Tea Tree,
On Guard, Peppermint, Lemon, Oregano, Frankincense,
Lavender, DigestZen, Ice Blue (5mL), Easy Air, Purify,
AromaTouch, Smart & Sassy, Lavender Peace, Citrus Bliss,
Lemongrass, – Past tense (10ml roller), Clary Calm (10ml roller),
Ice Blue Rub, Correct-X, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Easy Air
Vapour Stick, Petal Diffuser, Wooden Storage Box, On Guard
Cleansing Toothpaste, On Guard Foaming Hand Wash
(with 2 dispensers), On Guard Beadlets Your wholesale
account is free.
Save $210. PLUS you can earn back an extra $100 of free product with a qualifying order the following month.
Ready to order? Contact Reeda on 0403159571 or email
If you want to do it yourself follow these steps:
Step 1. Click here
Step 2. Select your country,
Step 3. Select OTG,
Step 4. Select Wellness Advocate
Step 5. Enter your details. (Enroller ID is 1273306 if it isn’t already there)
Step 6. Select what you want to purchase – choose Home Essentials or Essential Collection or Nature’s Solution. You can also add any extra items at this stage – I suggest a bottle of Fractionated Coconut Oil for topical use.
Step 8 – Enter Payment Details.
Step 9 – Optional – Activate your loyalty rewards program (LRP) order for next month. By activating your LRP right from the start you will earn your shipping costs back in points and you can earn points back on future qualifying orders. I highly recommend setting up your LRP from day one, remembering you can opt out at any time. You can view the benefits of the program here If you choose to not set it up now, you can always do it later if you decide you want to.
Step 10: Select continue and you will have an overview of your order and enter your payment information.
Step 11: Welcome to the Oily Community! As soon as you are enrolled doTERRA will send you an email with your ID with instructions on how to access your account. I will send you a welcome email with links to our private support groups with our amazing community.